Community Fair

'Working Towards Community 2.0!'

C3 is facilitated by OfCare, in association with the Home Office, the Department of Training and Education, and the Department of Social Cohesion and Security, with generous sponsorship from Symbiomundia (formerly Grindley & Bundage PLC).

* New visitors please start at earliest entry so you can follow our story

Monday, October 10, 2005

A New Useful Life

I was feeling pretty useless when I came along here. Well I know it’s my fault since I haven’t got the skills. Well I DO have the skills you see but they didn’t need the skills no more. I was one of the top machinists for years at Grindley and Bundage. I started at 16, I was an apprentice. I put my heart and brain into my work, I was like an artist. But it’s a kind of personality disorder not to be flexible, they say. I’m too passive, got a low self-image. You have to adapt better. So anyway now they retrain you. That’s why I’m here. I’m going to be a useful member of society again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home